> Home > Policy information > Cover summary
Golfshield insurance offers cost effective cover to suit a wide range of golfers. You can insure your golfing equipment and specialist clothing including benefits like in-vehicle cover which insures it whilst in the car, reimbursement of club fees up to £1,500 if you are injured or too ill to play and hole in one cover.
The information displayed is for guidance only and no contract or contract term is implied - only the policy wording can be taken as a binding contract.
For more information on what is or is not covered under the policy, please read the summary of cover document or the policy wording.
Golfshield insurance is suitable for:
Anyone who is a UK resident, domiciled in the UK and a non professional golfer who is over the age of 16.
- Theft and accidental damage to equipment (including whilst in play)
- Replacement on a new for old basis (clothing is subject to a 20% depreciation on items over 12 months old)
- 24 hour in vehicle cover
- Accidental damage to third party property up to £2,500
- Hole in one cover up to £500
- Reimbursement of club membership fees up to £1,500 should you be unable to play due to sickness or accident
- Cover 180 days worldwide
- £2 million of public liability cover
- Personal accident cover up to £50,000
Simply tell us the replacement value of your golfing equipment (minimum £500 up to £7,000)
What is not covered
Exclusions relating to the theft of your golf equipment:
- Theft when there is no forcible and violent entry
- Theft of your equipment if it is left unattended
Exclusions relating to accidental damage of your golf equipment:
- Marring, scratching or denting
- Accidental damage whilst in transit by any carrier unless clubs are securely packaged
- Accidental damage when loaned or hired out to any other person
- Faulty or defective design
- No Claim will be paid under £100 however we will consider the full cost of any claim over this figure
- Public liability claims are subject to a £500 excess for third party property damage only.
If any specialist golf clothing is over 12 months old a deduction of 20% of the sum insured of the item will be made for each year from the date of manufacture for wear and tear.